Document Requirements to File Bankruptcy
DO NOT SUBMIT ANY DOCUMENTS UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A REQUEST FOR DOCUMENTS
- Completed TAKE-HOME PACKET forms
- Social security card
- Driver’s license with current address
- Last three (3) months of bank statement(s) for ALL of your bank accounts
- 2019 and 2020 FEDERAL tax returns
- 2019 and 2020 STATE tax returns
- 2019 and 2020 W-2 forms
- Last seven (7) MONTHS of paystubs (NOT 7 paystubs)
- If you are paid bi-weekly, this is approximately 15 paystubs. If you are paid weekly, this is approximately 31 paystubs.
- If you do not have complete paystubs, please obtain them through your employer.
- Please bring updated paystubs with you EVERY TIME you visit our office.
- Spouse’s paystubs (You MUST bring 7 MONTHS of your spouse’s most recent paystubs and/or statements for other sources of income whether or not he or she is filing.)
- Last seven (7) MONTHS of statements for any other source(s) of income (ex: Social Security, Disability, Unemployment, Pension)
- IF YOU OWN A HOME: recent appraisal report from a licensed appraiser
- IF YOU OWN A HOME: most recent mortgage statement
- IF YOU OWN A HOME: deed for property
- IF YOU OWN A MITCHELL LAMA CO–OP: letter from management company stating the value of your co-op (this is how much money would be returned to you if you were to move out of your co-op)
- IF YOU PREVIOUSLY OWNED A HOME DURING THE PAST 6 YEARS: closing papers from sale or transfer of home